Fortune recently published a list of most ridiculous interview questions. I’m glad to see my former employer made the list! LOL
Here’s the whole article. And a few of my favorites:
- Using a scale of 1 to 10, rate yourself on how weird you are. (Personally, I see myself as a 10, but would I tell that to an employer?)
- Explain quantum electrodynamics in two minutes, starting now. (Short of drawing a Feynman diagram, what else could you do in 2 minutes?)
- You have a bouquet of flowers. All but two are roses, all but two are daisies, and all but two are tulips. How many flowers do you have? (Did they really ask this? And it took someone more than a few seconds to answer?)
- How many bricks are there in Shanghai? Consider only residential buildings. (Excuse me?)
- Why do you think only a small percentage of the population makes over $125,000 a year? (I don’t know, but pay me 10 times that and I’ll find out.)
Now back to your normally scheduled program.